Limit number of emails SFDC users can send through MSI

KevinVaughn
Level 1

Limit number of emails SFDC users can send through MSI

I am new to Marketo and we are starting to use Sales Insight. As I understand it, any Salesforce user can send email to up to 200 leads/contacts. Does anyone know if this limit can be changed, reduced? Our sales manager do not want their salespeople to be able to send to that many contacts at a time.

4 REPLIES 4
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Limit number of emails SFDC users can send through MSI

Hi Kevin

That limit is actually a Salesforce limit, rather than a Marketo one. Marketo simply allows you to send to as many leads/contacts as you can build into a list view, which is 200. There's no way as far as I understand to limit the size of list views in Salesforce by profile/role, and I'm not sure you'd want that anyway as they are useful for many other sales functions.

You've only got two choices here really - allow up to 200 sends at once, or remove the mass send button entirely and allow only single sends from the contact/lead record.

Kevin_Vaughn
Level 2

Hi @Veronica_Holme4 Thank you for your response and sharing your knowledge of Salesforce and MSI. You are right we would not want to limit views. I think the answer for us may be to remove the mass send button and allow only single sends from a contact/lead.

Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

Kevin,

-That's the maximum limit of 200 records which can be send MSI email at a time. As far as I know there's no system defined way to customize to reduce/increase bulk email send count. 

- If in case you would want to limit sales user to send MSI email you can create a new dedicated MSI user profile and corresponding page layouts, and move users who need access to this new profile so that they are able to send MSI email. 

Kevin_Vaughn
Level 2

@Priyank_Joshi3 Thanks for your input. We actually considered creating a dedicated profile but in the end decided that we would like all users/salespeople to have access to the many other functions of MSI.