SOLVED

Re: Lifecycle status not changing

Go to solution
James_Zolinski
Level 4

Lifecycle status not changing

We've set up a lifecycle program that when a new lead is created their lifecycle status is changed from null to MQL, but I've noticed that the lifecycle is not updating leads lifecycle status when they are created from null to MQL. Can someone help me out here and tell me what I'm missing. Below are my smart list and flow for this process.

Smart List

smart list.JPG

Flow

mql.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The trigger is in New Person. You don't need to worry about that happening over and over with the same form.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Ankit_Dua
Level 6

What does the activity log says for the leads for whom the status is not being updated? Have you checked that ?

James_Zolinski
Level 4

It shows scoring for what I have done, but does not show any activity regarding the Lifecycle Status. Almost as if, when I test, I'm getting blocked from moving from the smart list to the flow.

Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Can you try updating the filter of filled out form to

"Not filled out form"

And form is "A" or "B" or "C"

and remove date of activity filters.

Sanford Whiteman​, could you please give your inputs here

SanfordWhiteman

You don't want a filter on Filled Out Form, you want a constraint on ​New Person.

pastedImage_0.png

James_Zolinski
Level 4

Thanks Sanford, that worked.

I have a question regarding removing the FOF filter. The reason we had that filter in place is so we don't send multiple alert emails to sales for the same lead within 60 days if they have filled out another certain form. There are certain forms that leads fill out that sends a different email alert to sales that we do not want going through this smart campaign. If a lead fills out one of these certain forms, we do not want sales to receive multiple email alerts for the same lead the same day,week or month, which is why we were filtering those form fills out in the past 60 days.

Would it be correct to remove the FOF filter as you recommended and create it as a trigger? Would that have the same effect? Are there any problems with the trigger?smart list.JPG

Our end result is to not send multiple alert emails to sales for the same lead within 60 days.

SanfordWhiteman

The trigger is in New Person. You don't need to worry about that happening over and over with the same form.

James_Zolinski
Level 4

Thanks again Sanford for sharing your knowledge. Last question, the smart list is ok with the way it is set up? It will catch leads that might have filled out one of the certain other forms in the past 60 days?

Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Sanford Whiteman​: A quick question, how is the constraint in the "Person is created" different from " Filled out form". Aren't both representing the same?

SanfordWhiteman

how is the constraint in the "Person is created" different from " Filled out form". Aren't both representing the same?

No, b/c the Person is Created constraint means the person was created by the form fillout.