Lifecycle & Lead Activity as MQL's seems off?

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

Lifecycle & Lead Activity as MQL's seems off?

Hello,

I think we have a issue in our Lifecycle that I am looking to fix, but am not sure where I need to start. We are working with a third party company who work in Marketo, but they have not been able to help in understanding why this is happening.

We had a lead Fast Track direct to the Sales Rep who was already the account owner however the Lead is still as "Recycle" when it should have been a MQL(MQL's Fast Track and the Score was qualified after they opened up a email from us and clicked through it, setting the score to Fast Track as a MQL). When we dug down further we were able to see that Marketo updated the marketing qualified date, but not the Lifecycle status. The lead that received the email also did not show up as a interesting moment in SFDC, when normally it does.. There also was no flames on the account. In our Lifecycle flow it explains that if Lead Status reason is empty it will change to RTM: Unspecified. I am not sure if that is how it should be set? From the activity below it just seems something is not right?

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Lifecycle & Lead Activity as MQL's seems off?

HI Tara,

We would need to see the whole width of the screen to understand what is causing the changes (whether it's a smart campaign or an update in SFDC).

Also, there is one weir point in your system: it seems that you have 2 status fields. One for the lead and one for the contact. This may cause a lot of trouble because it means you always have to pay attention to have them having the same value. Is is on purpose that you have not asked the support to map them so that you only have one left in Marketo ?

-Greg

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

I agree that the 2 status fields are a issue. We have leads and contacts, which creates alot of duplicates within our database. I will look into this further and see if we can map them, however I think it might have to do with our SFDC integration and how we assign out leads. Screenshot is below for full screen. It seems to be updating both.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi again,

What are the origins / source of the activities 9501314 and 6501315? It does not seem to be trigger neither by a SFDC sync, nor by and smart campaign. same for activity 9430047 (which seems to be sourced from a salesforce update).

The Smart campaign 03-MQl is the one that does the job of setting Marketing Qualified Date, the lead status and the lifecycle status. If fired on June 10th at 12:15 and after this it did not fire again. Another one, the "Recycle by sales" did fire at 12:17, after the sync from SFDC. That one might be missing some flow steps.

what is weird is that teh chnage on june 15th see to come from nowhere. I suspects it was a change in Marketo UI. and it did not fire any other SC.

Provide a screen shot of the smart list for the 2 SC I mentioned above, there might be an explanation, such as a constrain on the source of the change.

-Greg

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

That is the issue is that it came from no where and we cannot find the source.

MQL

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

Recycle by Sales

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png