Leveraging Marketo Email Templates Outside of Sales Insight

Anonymous
Not applicable

Leveraging Marketo Email Templates Outside of Sales Insight

Hello,

I understand how to leverage Sales Insight for enabling sales to send out Marketo emails however, if we were to also allow them to send out  emails through the regular Salesforce workflow in Activities by accessing the Marketo email templates that way, what are the specific requirements?

How can we configure SFDC so that only a specific set of Marketo templates are made available in SFDC? Lastly, how are we able to make the tokens work properly within those templates?

Thanks,

Cheryl

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Leveraging Marketo Email Templates Outside of Sales Insight

Tokens do not seem to work as well via Sales Insight. There are some threads on this.

You can control which emails are exposed to MSI by selecting this option under Email Settings while in Draft mode. You can see a list of MSI emails by clicking on Email folder in Design Studio.

I'm not sure what you mean by Activities. Marketo SI emails are sent via the record itself or through the Lead/Contact tabs. I don't believe there's an easy way to place the buttons or other workflow elsewhere in SFDC. Sounds like a custom job.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Leveraging Marketo Email Templates Outside of Sales Insight

Thanks Josh! By Activities, I meant the Activities section within Salesforce. I thought that was the case, might require some additional configuration in Salesforce.