Re: Leveraging Demographic Score for lifecycle

Jason_Alford1
Level 2

Leveraging Demographic Score for lifecycle

Hi,

So for our lifecycle we're thinking we're not going to allow leads to be pushed to the sales team unless they have some type of a demographic score (we haven't determined how high of a demo score yet). Looking for opinions as to what people think of this way of thinking. For those of you that do it / have done it: what are you doing with leads with a qualifying person score for sales based strictly on behavior, but don't have a demographic score yet? Do you just move them immediately to recycling? Do you move them to MQL (AQL) and then to recycling? Do you have maybe a separate recycle stage that leads hit pre MQL (or AQL)?

Looking for opinions, and ways other people are doing this...

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jason,

From my experience, on 50+ projects, there quite a few limitations with demographic scoring:

• There are not so many fields that you can expect to get value from
  • Furthermore, you do not want to add too many fields to your forms
  • as a result, I very often see people setting demo scores on fields that remain desperately empty

The solution will be data enrichment (appending the missing value from a third party solution/source), but that has a cost.

-Greg

Jason_Alford1
Level 2

Thanks Grégoire. I think the thought is people are hoping we get demo information on repeat form fills using progressive profiling.

In my experience it's only been the overall person score that we deemed important. I think the thinking is people want to make sure the right people are getting through.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

The theory is that you can add up demo score to behavior score in order to get the total score. This means that, for a given MQL threshold, the higher the demo score, the lower is the requirement in behavior score to make it to the threshold. That s the theory, because it often leads to a low requirement of behavior score for high demo score leads. and when the behavior score is low, it means you cannot be sure of the engagement.

The other issue is that a low demo score does not mean out of the suit spot, it most often means "we do not have the data". In other terms, if high demo score make good targets, low demo score not not necessarily mean bad targets....

We ended up separating the 2. Looking for people with some minimum demographic / firmographic requirements, but with a behavior score high enough to guarantee sufficient engagement.

-Greg

Anne_Angele1
Level 4

I wouldn't hold back a lead because we don't have demographic information yet. If they already have demographic information and they aren't a great fit, yes, but you don't want to risk holding back an engaged lead who could be a perfect fit just because you don't know yet. Typically I'd recommend sending them to an SDR/BDR or sales and let them choose whether to engage or recycle at that point.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Fully agreed

-Greg