Re: Leveraging API or Webhook to push or receive leads from a partner

Anonymous
Not applicable

Leveraging API or Webhook to push or receive leads from a partner

We are currently co-publishing an eBook with a partner that will be hosted on each of our websites. The goal is to automatically push a lead to the other's system as soon as it's downloaded, but to a specific campaign or program so that we can handle it appropriately.

I'm not a developer but have played around with webhooks and webservices and realized I'm in over my head. Does anyone have a template they've previously used that worked?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Leveraging API or Webhook to push or receive leads from a partner

You're going to need a developer if you want to expose the Marketo REST API in any way other than direct connection (for example, if their system is not capable of hitting the OAuth /identity and /push endpoints for a lead push, and they need a single-request JSON interface to your system, you have to build an intermediate gateway where you do the /identity bit for them).

And unless their ​system already has a published endpoint that's webhook-compatible for you to hit, you'll need a developer for that, too.

There's no one-size-fits-all way to do this, because it's going to be determined by the data structures + transfer methods in use on both sides.

At its simplest, both sides already support a form-compatible endpoint (that'll also be naturally webhook-compatible as well). At its most complex, both sides have a robust REST authentication + update infrastructure, so each side needs to build to the other side's needs.