Re: Leads in stream getting multiple emails - warning when building streams

Anonymous
Not applicable

Leads in stream getting multiple emails - warning when building streams

I wanted to make some notes for others so not to find yourself in the same predicament I created when bringing existing database leads into streams with the new engangment program.

I am now adding remove from flow across all transition rules, I was under the understanding that once pulled into one stream the lead could not get any emails from any other program even from the past.

I am now clear that this rule only applies to other streams and does not apply to existing programs the lead by have been in from the past.

The only solution to stop existing leads who are pulled into streams from not getting emails from programs that had been built in the past is to add "remove from flow" in your transition rules or in your original list build where you pull leads into the stream for the first time.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Peter,

You're correct, and this is an area where people should be careful - particularly when using Programs inside of Streams.

A Stream transition rule is about transitioning a lead from one stream to another and does not affect any other Program. Streams in another Engagement Program, or any Programs that live within Streams that have already been executed.

Regards,
Brody
Nora_Slattery3
Level 4

Oooh thank you - really good to know!
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of the first things I asked support was how Marketo determines if a lead already has engaged with an item when using drag'n'drop programs instead of mails. It works based on membership. So if your streams consist of mails in programs, they won't get the same email twice, no matter what stream you are in or in any engagement program. So create a program for each individual content item you have (this has so many other advantages too), and your problem is also solved.