SOLVED

Re: Leads from SFDC can sync to Marketo, but not the other way

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Leads from SFDC can sync to Marketo, but not the other way

Leads in Marketo are not syncing to SFDC; however leads from SFDC are syncing to Marketo. I discovered this issue a week ago when our Marketo form's email notified me that a new lead was created but I was unable to find the specific lead in SFDC. We have made no system changes in either SFDC or Marketo prior to this interruption, except for the Marketo subscription renewal. Our SFDC admin and I verified all settings for the linked user that connects SFDC and Marketo. It worked fine prior to this incident.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Anthony,

please wove this to Products​.

The answer cannot be found in Salesforce, it can be found in the activity log of the lead that are supposed to be sync'ed but are not. in the "Sync" activities, you will find error notification about why the sync is not working. Likely some mandatory information missing.

-Greg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Following to see what replies suggest.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please move the thread to Products​ to continue. This space is for discussing the Champs incentive program, not support.

Move link is at the right.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Anthony,

please wove this to Products​.

The answer cannot be found in Salesforce, it can be found in the activity log of the lead that are supposed to be sync'ed but are not. in the "Sync" activities, you will find error notification about why the sync is not working. Likely some mandatory information missing.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

What Greg said. Post a screenshot of lead activity log, Anthony. You should see there an activity trying to sync the lead and SFDC response if there's an error.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Greg/Paul.

After looking at the activity log, my admin and I figured it out. Prior to this, we set a field as required in SFDC but did not include it in our online Marketo forms. This caused all of those leads to not sync with SFDC. We went through days of troubleshooting prior to this but looking at the activity log and tracing back our actions worked for this one.