SOLVED

Lead sync SFDC to Marketo

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead sync SFDC to Marketo

HI,

I have a list of marketo only leads, now if i sync those to SFDC it will get created as leads, but what i want is have those as contacts, even though it can be done in marketo, what it'll do is create a new account, so there could be duplicating of accounts. so was just looking to find out a way to do this without scripting. just wanted to know if i would upload the marketo only lead list to SFDC through data loader as contacts (mapping to existing accounts) would that sync back to marketo as new lead or map to the existing marketo lead.

Thanks,

CK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lead sync SFDC to Marketo

we wrote an apex trigger for that actually. we used a unique identifier which is account's domain name and matched with prospects email domain name. if there was a match it auto-converted the lead and attached it to the existing account. if there was no match, we kept it as a lead (you can do whatever you want there, create a new account & fill in the website field with email address domain, etc). But i hired an SFDC consultant to write the trigger for me and it lives in SFDC. For new leads like that, they just get pushed into SFDC as leads from Marketo. SFDC takes care of the conversion/association part. It cost us $800. With marketo, it'll just always create a new account which is obviously not ideal and will leave you will lots of duplicates.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You need to do this with Lean Data or other SFDC tools. Do not ask Marketo to do this as it won't work right.

Anonymous
Not applicable

we wrote an apex trigger for that actually. we used a unique identifier which is account's domain name and matched with prospects email domain name. if there was a match it auto-converted the lead and attached it to the existing account. if there was no match, we kept it as a lead (you can do whatever you want there, create a new account & fill in the website field with email address domain, etc). But i hired an SFDC consultant to write the trigger for me and it lives in SFDC. For new leads like that, they just get pushed into SFDC as leads from Marketo. SFDC takes care of the conversion/association part. It cost us $800. With marketo, it'll just always create a new account which is obviously not ideal and will leave you will lots of duplicates.