Lead score limit for individual and account

Gil_Reichert
Level 1

Lead score limit for individual and account

Does anyone have a score cap for individuals and accounts (if you do account scoring) that are truly engaged beyond becoming sales ready/opportunity? What is your limit and why? For example, a lead/contact can score up until it reaches 200 and an account can score up to 500 max. Beyond these thresholds, there is no more added scoring. The lead/contact/account is still sales ready at 100 but I'm curious at how far you let the scoring continue if something is not sent back/lost opp/cancelled account/unengaged. This is specific to people/orgs that continue to "meaningfully" engage regularly without decaying.

1 REPLY 1
Katja_Keesom
Level 6

Re: Lead score limit for individual and account

Even with score decaying in place this issue can occur is my experience. I do see some cases where the same content is referenced by some people over and over again, leading to a persisitent stream of scores and preventing score decay ever kicking in.

There is a balance to strike between how many times a person is allowed to attract a score for the same or similar behaviour and actually capping the score. I think it does have its merits to let the score increase uncapped, as it makes it easier to identify that handful of people with unique behaviour, so you can decide how to treat them based on analyzing their profile.