Re: Lead not moving to requested campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead not moving to requested campaign

I have set it up that if a lead opens a certain email, i request a campaign that I have turned on. 

I scheduled a test, and when I (mock lead) open the email, it doesnt take me to the requested campaign

Any ideas?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amanda,

Opens are really tricky.  They only register when an actual download of a Pixel happens.  For example, if someone is previewing the email, it wont trigger.  It is possible that you are doing a test sampel versus, selecting al ead and doing a flow action against it, but functionality aside, I would recommend a stronger trigger than an open.

To fix your trigger:

1.  Try an actual flow action against the lead, then open it by double clicking and downloading images which might be in the email
2.  Make sure its not just a text email etc.

Hope this helps!
M
Anonymous
Not applicable

I double click on the email, let the images download and even in the log events it shows "Email opened" but it still didn't send me to the requested campaign
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

You have made a flow such that you request a campaign whenever you open the email.
The following is the screenshot of what we see when we request a campaign;

Inline image 2

This process has two parts in Marketo - "Request a campaign" and "Campaign is requested" You need to define the the source/Flow under "Campaign is requested" to complete the process. The following screenshot highlights"Campaign is requested" 

Inline image 3

Make sure that you have defined the source (Flow action)
Note that "Request a campaign" is under Flow and "Campaign is requested" is under Smart list.

Regards,
Alok