Lead is Created Trigger Not Running on Leads Created From CRM

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead is Created Trigger Not Running on Leads Created From CRM

Hi All,

Need some clarification. I made several corrections to our RCM model and also set up several batch campaigns to monitor that records are going to the correct stage. I have several support trigger campaigns to help assign new records or watch for other data value changes that should force the record into the correct RCM stage. In theory, with all the set up I've done, the batch campaigns should be returning 0 results if the model and the trigger campaigns are catching everything correctly.

However, I'm noticing that leads created in our CRM (SFDC) are not being caught. Does the 'Lead is Created' trigger ignore records that come in from SFDC? I would have thought that with the record being created in SFDC and pushing it to be created in marketo, it should have run?

Here is the smart list if you wanted to look - and yes, the record was created in an account where the account status is backlog. RCM stage was blank when I found the record.

2016-05-23_11-33-10.jpg

Thanks!

Kelly

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Lead is Created Trigger Not Running on Leads Created From CRM

Hi Kelly,,

Yes, lead is created trigger works also when the Marketo lead comes from SFDC.

From what you describe, it should be working for this specific SFDC contact, since with the way your smart list is set up, the triggers will only fire if: The lead is a contact in SFDC (attached to an account) and the account status is Backlog and the revenue stage is not Backlog.

This means it will not fire for SFDC leads, but yo know that. And for contacts, you have to check if the 2 other options are not mutually exclusive.

Also, I would try a "revenue stage" is empty instead.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

This might be because of the way the account information syncs over. I think the account information might sync after the contact information, so you might be missing that one piece of data on the filter when the trigger runs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kristen - this is plausible. Is there anyways to confirm the order that the sync comes over? There's another field I can use that's local on the contact, maybe I'll put that in an or statement.

Greg, I don't want to use the revenue stage is empty because if account progresses normally (suspect -> pipeline -> backlog) when the account status is updated, it will be in a revenue stage at that point in time (backlog is our 'just won a deal' status). In theory a blank revenue status should evaluate true in this case since I'm checking to make sure it's not in Model-2016 > Backlog.

Thanks,

Kelly