Re: Lead in more than One Nurture?

Beth_Rotach
Level 3

Lead in more than One Nurture?

Hi folks-

Can a lead be in more than one nurture campaign at a time? The cadence is on different weeks/days.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Lauren_Aquilino
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Hi Beth -

It depends how you set it up. By default, a lead can only fall into one stream at a team if within an Engagement Program. Otherwise you will have to set up rules to disclude them from other Engagement Programs or triggered Email Blast campaigns.

Lauren
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Beth,

A lead can only be in one stream of an engagement program at once, but it can be in multiple engagement programs.

Austin

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the lead was in multiple engagement programs, is there a way in which I can set a rule so that if the emails of those multiple nurtures happen to be scheduled on the same week, that the lead will not be sent all the emails on that same week

Victor_Herrero
Level 5

Hi Raghad, if you didn't get an anwer to this yet: yes you can.

To do so, you need Marketo admin rights. Go to the admin panel and set global communication limits (weekly and daily).

Once the limit has been reached,

1. if the next emails come from ad-hoc email programs, the lead will simply not receive it (up to you if you want to resend it in the future)
  2. if the next emails come from an engagement program, they will be sent in the next cast

Right now I'm trying to figure out what happens exactly when a lead is in several engagement programs and is constantly over the limit.

My guess is: the engagement programs that have later cast days (Fridays for instance) will always get pushed back, until the earlier streams are finished.

Check this thread.