Re: Lead gone rogue

Rachel_Breden
Level 2

Lead gone rogue

I have a lead who seems to have gone rogue. In the web activity report, it shows that she views hundreds of web pages every day, some of which are very old and not even linked from anywhere on our site. Just today, her name showed up in an email campaign that she wasn't even part of. I work at a college, and the lead is for one of our students, but I don't think it is actually her. Any explanations?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the lead showed up in a campaign and it didn't meet the criteria then this should never happen so  it would be best to log a case with support to look into this.

Pavel_Plachky
Level 5

Possible explanation is that the lead got associated with a search engine crawler that indexes your website pages. This can happen if the person copies a link from an email and pastes it on a blog somewhere. See similar topic here: Marketo merged human and Googlebot .

Rachel_Breden
Level 2

That was my intuition, but I didn't know if it was possible. I will put in a support request as the others suggested and see if it can be fixed. Thanks!

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

I agree with both posts above. I would log the issue with support and then assume her cookie got associated with a number of other people (or a bot) until further investigation is conducted.