SOLVED

Re: Lead flow from Website/CRM/Marketo

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead flow from Website/CRM/Marketo

We are going to be integrating Marketo and NetSuite (CRM) very soon and I want to make sure we do it right first time. We are obviously going to be using the API to do this.

My team wants to send leads like this: Website -> CRM -> Marketo.

Can I get some advice on what is best way to do this?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Why would you not want to use Marketo's deduping capabilities in this case?

Website>Marketo>NetSuite is the preferred method.

This gives you options to clean, append, and do other things before the lead even hits NetSuite.

If you go through NetSuite to Marketo, Marketo won't dedupe, so you'll need a NetSuite tool or a RingLead in Marketo to process the leads anyway. You'll also clutter your CRM with potentially bad leads that shouldn't go to Sales at all (or for a while). I imagine NetSuite allows you to route leads and to hold them in Queues or something too, but that should be the end point after Marketo.

So the real question is why does your "team" want to do the opposite of a standard Marketo setup? Is there a compelling reason to make this harder?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Are you going to be using a middleware provider for the integration?  I don't think any of our partners' existing integrations support that flow out of the box.  If you're rolling your own, it would be possible but definitely not easy in any sense.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We weren't planning on it. We were strictly going to use the APIs for NetSuite and Marketo. I've seen a few "middle man" solutions such as The New Office – Building the Future Workplace. Maybe they would be a better solution, not sure. 

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Why would you not want to use Marketo's deduping capabilities in this case?

Website>Marketo>NetSuite is the preferred method.

This gives you options to clean, append, and do other things before the lead even hits NetSuite.

If you go through NetSuite to Marketo, Marketo won't dedupe, so you'll need a NetSuite tool or a RingLead in Marketo to process the leads anyway. You'll also clutter your CRM with potentially bad leads that shouldn't go to Sales at all (or for a while). I imagine NetSuite allows you to route leads and to hold them in Queues or something too, but that should be the end point after Marketo.

So the real question is why does your "team" want to do the opposite of a standard Marketo setup? Is there a compelling reason to make this harder?

Zak_Pines5
Level 4

Hi Heath - How is your Marketo:NetSuite integration working out at this point?  I am new to BedrockData and looking to understand what's working / not working well for customers with their non SalesForce CRM integrations with Marketo.

Zak

Zak[at]BedrockData.com