Lead duplication occurring between Marketo & SalesForce post Zapier Lead Push

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead duplication occurring between Marketo & SalesForce post Zapier Lead Push

Hi Marketo Community,

I am using Zapier to pass lead data from Linkedin's Lead Gen forms to Marketo via a two steps Zapier Zap (this is configured directly in the Zapier interface and through the Marketo Launchpoint Integration).

Marketo is also synced with Salesforce via the Launchpoint Integration (see configuration attached).

The issue is that each time a new lead is captured, a first version is created in Marketo with all the right attributes. Then a minute later, a duplicated lead is created with a few missing fields (such as the email or the person source).

The Activity records show that the duplicated lead seems created by Salesforce.

Any insights into what could be causing the issue would be much appreciated.

Louis

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Lead duplication occurring between Marketo & SalesForce post Zapier Lead Push

You've set yourself up for duplicates, simple as that. No reason for the second lead to not be created.

You should turn off the direct integration with SFDC completely.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lead duplication occurring between Marketo & SalesForce post Zapier Lead Push

Hi Sanford,

Thanks for the quick answer. How come the duplicate issue only occurs for leads added to Marketo via the Web Service API?

If this was a widespread issue with the SFDC integration, wouldn't the duplication issue occur with all leads?

Grégoire Michel​, Avec l'integration entre SalesForce/Marketo, le but n'est-il pas pour tout changement d'être reflété dans les deux CRMs?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I don't mean the base SFDC ↔ Marketo sync, I mean that you probably have a separate integration between SFDC and LinkedIn that you haven't rooted out.

There's nothing inherent in creating a lead via the Marketo Zap that creates more than one lead in Marketo; that lead syncing to SFDC with the normal sync won't create a dupe. There has to be something else picking up the same LI event and creating the second lead.