SOLVED

Lead added after A/B test starts, but before winner is sent...

Go to solution
Chris_Morris1
Level 4

Lead added after A/B test starts, but before winner is sent...

Say I started an A/B test, and a lead is added to the database which meets the requirements of my smart list, after the A/B test has commenced, but before the winner has been determined and the remaining members of that smart list receive the winner. Will that new lead receive the winning email?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Lead added after A/B test starts, but before winner is sent...

Which type of test? Email Send or Champ/Challenger?

• Email Send
    • if the lead is added after this commences, it will not qualify for the test or the send.
    • **I could be wrong here, but this is generally how Marketo approaches batch sends.
  • Champ Challenger
    • this is for triggers or Engagements, so the lead could end up in the Test or the Champ randomly until you declare a winner.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Which type of test? Email Send or Champ/Challenger?

• Email Send
    • if the lead is added after this commences, it will not qualify for the test or the send.
    • **I could be wrong here, but this is generally how Marketo approaches batch sends.
  • Champ Challenger
    • this is for triggers or Engagements, so the lead could end up in the Test or the Champ randomly until you declare a winner.
Chris_Morris1
Level 4

Thank you. It is an email send, and I've noticed my 'members' currently include only the test group, which made me think the overall winner may include someone who fits the criteria but may have not been in the database prior to the test. I'll run some tests/compare some lists after it's all done and see if I can confirm.

Thanks again!