Re: Lead Sync with SalesForce suddenly is failing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead Sync with SalesForce suddenly is failing

As of the evening of 1/14/13, our SalesForce/Marketo lead sync stopped working. The failure notice says that there is no such column in our SalesForce Lead called "mkto2__Acquisition_Program_Id__c". But my claim is there never has been such a field on our SalesForce side, and no one has fiddled about making any significant changes to SalesForce.

Has anyone seen anything similar? It almost seems as if there was a Marketo update installed which is out of sync with the SalesForce Marketo plugin.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to look into this and I will get back to you.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chuck,

That's interesting...I see the error ever so often when a field is removed from SFDC and thus Marketo can't find it anymore and breaks the synch.  What it seems to be here is that Marketo is looking for an Acquisition Program field, which I believe you're correct in assuming it has never/was never been put into SFDC.

Best to throw it over to support and ask them to sort you out.  Let me know what they come back with as its interesting it came up in the first place.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've asked Support to reach out to you, so you should be expecting a call either today or tomorrow.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Support helped me through the down time. It appears that our setup is using things in an unusual, perhaps unique way in that we're not using global sync with SFDC. Rather we're using individual smart list sync.

So I guess it's solved as I figure out why my predecessors were either highly sophisticated (or the opposite) to not use global sync.