SOLVED

Re: Lead Status overwritten by SFDC upon syncing lead to SFDC

Go to solution
Albert_Li
Level 2

Lead Status overwritten by SFDC upon syncing lead to SFDC

Hi there,

I am running into a problem where an existing Lead's Lead Status = Assigned by Marketo then changes to the old SFDC value of say "Remarket" by SFDC upon Sync Person to SFDC. How can I stop this from happening?

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 5.11.24 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Albert,

Can you display here the SFDC sync activity details that shows all the fields.

Also, look into Salesforce and access the lead history to see what happens there.

-Greg

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hey Albert,

Do you have a work flow in SFDC that is updating the value?

Albert_Li
Level 2

HI Darrell,

No there is no workflow updating lead status in SFDC.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Albert,

Super frustrating! I think we've all been in similar situation regarding our CRM integrations.

Here's something to look for:

1. Is your CRM actively looking for a data point that would preclude these Marketo incoming leads from having their statuses updated?
    1. CRM needs to have a way to identify those folks so that it doesn't update their status. Without such a data point CRM will process them just as it normally would.
    2. You may be able to adjust your work CRM flow to alleviate this, or you may want to add a separate data field that you then use to permanently mark a record as having been generated through Marketo.
Albert_Li
Level 2

1. Is your CRM actively looking for a data point that would preclude these Marketo incoming leads from having their statuses updated? No, my understanding is Marketo and SFDC are bidirectional sync, so Marketo should be able to just past the most up to date field information to SFDC and SFDC would accept it. Currently Marketo passes the update field info to SFDC and SFDC overwrites the Marketo data with the existing (old) Lead Status data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Albert,

It's really dependent on your setup whether or not that behavior will hold true. Out of the box with 2 fresh systems that behavior would likely be the case, but I imagine you've inhertied at least one of these systems, yes?

There are several possible solutions that could come into play.

One would be using a data point to make an exception to the workflow responsible for updating the status field.

Another would be adjusting the workflow to make it's updates as it normally would *except* for those coming from Marketo. This could take a little more time to implement.

I could go on with other suggestions but it's all speculation without actually going through and looking at your setup.

Check your workflows, field-level security, and field mapping. Ruling those out will help narrow things down a bit.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Albert,

Can you display here the SFDC sync activity details that shows all the fields.

Also, look into Salesforce and access the lead history to see what happens there.

-Greg

Albert_Li
Level 2

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the feedback. I looked at the lead status history in SFDC and it looks like my SDR changed the Contact Status from Assigned to Remarket manually. Case solved.