Lead Source

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead Source

I'm evaluating all of our leads that came in in 2014, and trying to determine where they came from (We do not have SFDC.) I use a Campaign Code field as a way to determine which campaign a lead came in through. However, an issue I'm having is if a lead is imported more than once. For example, if sales gives them to me as a conference lead, then on a later date supplies that lead on a list for an event invite. Every time I import a list and that Campaign Code is filled in, the original data (conference name campaign code) is override with the most current data (event campaign code).

Is there a way to lock a field so that information in a particular field won't change once it's filled in?
3 REPLIES 3
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Re: Lead Source

You'll go the the Admin area > Field Management > search for Lead Source and drag it over -- then change to "block field updates".
Anonymous
Not applicable

And this will only block updates is the field is already filled? This will not prevent updating this field if the field is empty?
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can specify which inport sources you want to block updates from. As you don't check the box for "lead detail update" or "flow change data value" you should be fine.
List import source is on the list - checking them would solve your loaded list challenge