Lead Scoring Reporting

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead Scoring Reporting

I had lead scoring set up for about a year through an agency. The agency has been very difficult to work with as a result I still don't have a clear picture of what happened to those who bought in the last year (ie what behaviors, actions did they take, is there a trend, what was there score etc..) Since I have been asking for this report for several months I'm going to attempt to do it myself. Is there a good report to see this type of information or a tool? Unfortunately I can not look at the lead score because there is a no activity rule set up to deduct points if they aren't on our site with in the last week which has made all buyers have negative scores. Let me know if anyone has any ideas on how to data mine this information so I can develop a threshold and see if there are trends in actions we should score higher. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Lead Scoring Reporting

Hi Jessica,

That's a shame your consultant won't give you this information. I'd look at finding a new consultant as I would not tolerate that sort of of behavior.

• Behaviors Taken - you can do this using smart lists with filters. eg: Customer + Behavior Name.
  • Score Report - Marketo doesn't do this very well, which may be why your consultant isn't helping. It is ideal to try a few things
  • Smart List Buckets - decide on a bucket range and run several smart lists to get counts of leads who have scores Under 0, 0-10, etc..
  • Export Score data + any other column to excel and do the analysis there. You can also try to do this in SFDC to some degree.
  • Trend data - this is not possible unless you have a BI tool.
  • Negative/Inactivity Scoring - sounds like this was done without considering all the consequences. You can turn this off in the scoring program. But it may be that this was done properly and since none of your leads are active, you have very low scores.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jessica,

I have a similar goal. I want to be able to run a report and see all the scoring events that have taken place for our Leads in the last year and use that information to update our Salesforce campaigns. However there does not seem to be anything in the way of analytic reports that can hone in on scoring events.

I feel like this might be possible utilising the REST API however I have not investigated enough to say whether this approach will work. If I do find out any information that'll help I'll let you know as I also would like to achieve what you're suggesting.

Cheers,

Andy

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Andrew,

Yes, this can be done with the rest API. Pay attention though, the rest API calls are limited and exporting all scoring events over a year may represent a significant volume of data.

The limits are 100 API calls in 20 seconds window. You also need to account for the fact that a call can fetch up to 300 lines.

-Greg