Re: Lead Reports: Group by Lead Owner

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead Reports: Group by Lead Owner

It appears that there's no way to group lead reports (in particular the lead performance report) by lead owner. This seems like a really weird omission - am I just missing something? Or is there some other way to get what I want, which is to show our sales leadership how many leads each rep has in various lead and opportunity stages? 
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey John,

In the Leads by reports, you can alter the Smart List to only show certain reps, or geo locations, or statuses, etc. The framework of the report will stay the same, but you will be able to filter. I would clone the report and then filter.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestion! I thought of that, but when you want to generate a weekly report showing the performance of MQLs handed off to the sales team and you have 25 reps, that's a really, really cumbersome way to do it... which made me wonder, why can I group the leads in the report by state, by ZIP, by city, by status, by source, by anything, but not by owner? 

I did find a less cumbersome useful solutions in this thread: https://community.marketo.com/marketodiscussiondetail?id=90650000000PGldAAG which works - create a dummy lead owner field for reporting, and set up batch & trigger campaigns to populate and update it with the lead owner name, and then sort by that (which you can do). 

I do love Marketo but this is such a bizarre omission, especially when the documentation on lead performance reports breezily tells you that you can group by any lead attribute. Well, no, actually you can't. 

But I highly recommend the above solution, and appreciate you taking the time to make a suggestion. What you're saying works for digging into a single rep's activity for sure, just very time consuming when you have regular reporting on a larger salesforce. 

Cheers!