SOLVED

Lead/Person with multiple Opportunities

Go to solution
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Lead/Person with multiple Opportunities

In a batch campaign, you can't be sure that the Opportunity that matches the filter will even be available on the object (if it is too old).  So you need to take that possible error into account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up, the $TriggerObject work like a charm for the trigger campaign. As for batch campaign is there any documentation you can point me towards? Based on my understanding, I will need to include somekind of logic/filter into the token to properly pulling information from the right Opp. If you can provide some kind of guideline, that will be great!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You'll have to filter the OpportunityList ArrayList within Velocity code. The problem is that you only get to see the last 10 oppos in Velocity.  I referred to other oppos as "too old" but I was referring to the 10-oppo limit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Sanford, I am not much of a coder and could not find any docs regarding to OpportunityList ArrayList within Velocity code. Any idea where I can find some guideline? The concern about the 10 opps is not much of a concern in our business since it is very rare for a contact to have more than 5 opps anyway.