Re: Lead Performance Report Values Changing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead Performance Report Values Changing

I'm having some issues figuring out how the lead performance report is supposed to work and why my data is ALWAYS changing.

Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 12.48.31 AM.png

Main question on this report is why is %won  82.4%? Shouldn't it be 56/126 so that it's 44%?

This is what the setup looks like. But this is going to lead to more questions.

Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 12.48.47 AM.png

Should be only brining in leads that have been created in the last 90 days right?

Ok so just in case I'm going to add a filter to my smart list.

Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 12.49.22 AM.png

Now my report looks like this.

Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 12.49.30 AM.png

All of the data just changed...but realistically that filter shouldn't have done anything since they the setup and smart list is saying just show me leads in the last 90 days. Also why is the %won now 100%?

Ok so now what if I was to just change what things are grouped by, the totals should be the same right?

Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 12.50.58 AM.png

This is my new grouping. (Still have the 90 day filter on the smart list)

Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 12.50.38 AM.png

Although the grouping changes, why should the totals be changing?

Basically at the end of the day what I'm trying to figure out is a simple funnel and then compare it by properties such as campaign or sales rep.

Leads Created > Opportunities > Closed Won

6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ian,

The report is reprocessed each time you open it or refresh it. As you underlying data change, the report results change.

Now, this 100% is really weird...

If the funnel is what you want to use, you should consider using a revenue model and success path analyzer.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Greg,

Thanks for the quick reply. So are you thinking there is some sort of issue? (the reports were run within 5 mins and I know no data changed)

For the revenue model or success path analyzer. I've never seen those before in Marketo.

Ian

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Revenue Cycle Analytics - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

if you want real funnel metrics, you need to consider a lead lifecycle and RCM.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Revenue Cycle Modeler is available in analytics:

pastedImage_0.png

and it will give access to a few specific reports in analytics.pastedImage_1.png

If you do not have them, contact you sales rep. My understanding is that most of the instances, starting at Standard level, now have it.

-Greg

Adam_Benitez1
Level 3

Hi, Ian.

Won % can look a little odd if you are not showing the "Closed" column, since Won % is based off of how many wins you have out of all Closed opps. To make this appear,

1. right click on any column

2. hover over "Columns"

3. check the "Closed" column

pastedImage_4.png

After, you'll see this column:

pastedImage_5.png

And the data will make more sense.

With regard to the date filters, it's important to know that "Lead Created At" and "Lead Created Date" are not the same thing:

(1) "Created At" date reflects when a lead first entered the Marketo DB, potentially as an anonymous visitor long before their first      Marketo form fill.

(2) "Lead was Created" date represents when the lead first become known via completion of a Marketo form fill.

I don't have the "Lead Create Date" in my instance, but if it's looking at when a lead became "known" in Marketo or your CRM, then this is not the same as "Created At", which, as per above, shows when the lead first entered Marketo (anonymous or known).

So, w/o the "Lead Create Date" filter, you're saying 'all leads, anonymous or known, that were created in Marketo in the last 90 days', but w/ it, if I'm understanding this filter correct, you're saying only known leads created in the last 90 days. This will give you 2 different outputs.

With regard to the totals changing between the 2nd and 3rd picture/report, I don't see any totals that changed. Which ones do you see that changed, specifically?

Hope this helps.

Adam_Benitez1
Level 3

Also, if you move your cursor over the column name, it'll show you some details around the column or how it's calculated. In the case of Won %, it says Won/Closed.