Re: Lead Ownership - Assigning when field is blanked out

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead Ownership - Assigning when field is blanked out

I imported a list into Marketo to use for a follow-up campaign. No lead owner is assigned to any of the contacts I imported since that field was blocked during the upload. I thought I could assign the lead once it's in Marketo, but the field is blank and doesn't give me the option to add any name.

How do I assign ownership? We want the emails to be coming directly from the appropriate sales rep and can't launch the campaign until we figure this out.

Thanks!

Kate Leitao
RevSpring
kleitao@revspringinc.com

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kate, are you using SFDC? The below answer is for that scenario.

When you use the "Sync Lead to SFDC" flow action you have the option to assign the leads using assignment rules or to an individual. If you are not using your lead assignment rules, it's best to create smart lists to include the criteria that would assign the leads to the various reps. 

BTW, if you use queues, the lead owner will remain blank in Marketo and the personalized emails will use the default you set up.

0EM50000000RoPY.jpg 
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, we don't use SalesForce. We use Microsoft CRM Dynamics. But I did this as a direct upload from an Excel spreadsheet and had the lead owner listed in that spreadsheet and it didn't convert.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kate, I'm thinking you may still be a similar situation with MS Dynamics integration. For SFDC, you cannot edit the owner unless the lead is synced. Have a look at an individual from the imported list and see if you are able to edit the owner fields. If they are uneditable, it's most likely that owner is derived from Dynamics. 

Here's an example of a lead that is not synced to SFDC, with no owner or option to edit the owner. 
0EM50000000RoQ7.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the screen shots, Kate. This is super helpful. We are using SFDC, but have just started to setup the lead assignment flows.