Re: Lead Not Found - SOAP API

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead Not Found - SOAP API

We have an integration where we call synchLead and retrieve the leadID and then trigger a pre-defined campaign for a list of leads that are identified by those leadID's.

However, for some leads we are rereceiving a 'Lead Not Found' error even though the ID was returned previously.

If we look for the lead in Marketo using the ID or insert it into the URl - the lead is not found. However, if we synch the lead again via the API, the same lead ID is returned.

My question is whether or not leads are hard deleted or soft deleted (marked as not active?) in Marketo? Seems like they are possibly soft deletes and soft deleted lead ID's are returned through the API.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have the leads you are trying to find in your CRM as well? In Salesforce, when a lead is created to a contact, the lead record essentially goes away. If you are looking for a specific lead ID, I'm wondering if you are getting this error because it has changed upon conversion. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kara. I think you are on to something. To clarify, are you saying that the Marketo Lead is modified (either deleted or the ID changed) when it's converted from a lead to a contaact in Salesforce? Or is it the Salesforce ID that is modified when the lead is converted to a contact. Thanks again.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Marketo ID is not modified, however the SFDC ID will change and the lead record disappears from visibility and becomes read-only on the back end. If you are referencing the SFDC lead ID and it has been converted, you may run into issues.

Here is an example: 
I created a test lead and the SFDC ID is 00Qd000000fNKfH
I then converted it and the record ID changed to: 003d000002Hl6P3

I think this may be tripping things up for you.