SOLVED

Re: Lead Merge Causing False MQLs

Go to solution
SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Lead Merge Causing False MQLs

I have noticed a couple times recently when one of our sales reps will merge 2 leads (or merge a lead into a contact), and it causes a false MQL to come through as the winning lead inherits all of the change program status activity. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any idea how to prevent that from happening?

merge lead mql.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Sydney, I noticed something similar to this the other day. Do you have a time/date stamped field when someone does MQL-able activities that you could use as a constraint for your MQL campaign? Ideally this date wouldn't be changed when you merge records, and to be classified as an MQL someone would need a dateTime in timeframe today.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Sydney, I noticed something similar to this the other day. Do you have a time/date stamped field when someone does MQL-able activities that you could use as a constraint for your MQL campaign? Ideally this date wouldn't be changed when you merge records, and to be classified as an MQL someone would need a dateTime in timeframe today.

SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hmm. I do have a campaign that logs an MQL Date, but it's triggered off of the Lifecycle Status changing to MQL.