SOLVED

Lead & Contact field under one Marketo field label

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead & Contact field under one Marketo field label

I have created two fields in SFDC (one in Lead and One in Contact) and mapped. when sync'd to Marketo i am seeing these as two separate fields in field management section. marketo has created two fields for this, should it not be under one single marketo field label? when I created Fields in sfdc I had initially made an error in Naming as shown below, which I changed later to be identical, API names for both the fields are identical .

Lead Field : "For_call" edited after a while to "For call" (The API name remained same)

API name:  For_call_c

Contact Field:  For call

API name:  For_call_c

Please advise on how to get this under same Marketo field labels. as of now marketo is considering the First inserted field name "For_call", am not able to change the field label in marketo.

Thanks,

CK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adam_Benitez1
Level 3

Re: Lead & Contact field under one Marketo field label

As already mentioned by others, support is the only way to merge fields currently. It's a pretty quick turnaround though. They'll just want you

to verify the mapping and which field should be the primary (in case there's any data in the fields). While I would love for this functionality to

be open to admins, it's delicate since you can't reverse the action if a mistake is made.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pavel_Plachky
Level 5

You need to file a support ticket with Marketo. They can change the field mapping for you.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This is discussed in several threads as well. There are some more specifics, but Support is the only way to fully fix it.

Adam_Benitez1
Level 3

As already mentioned by others, support is the only way to merge fields currently. It's a pretty quick turnaround though. They'll just want you

to verify the mapping and which field should be the primary (in case there's any data in the fields). While I would love for this functionality to

be open to admins, it's delicate since you can't reverse the action if a mistake is made.