Re: LaunchPoint Integrations: are vendors responsible for code upkeep?

KellyJoHorton
Level 3 - Champion Alumni

LaunchPoint Integrations: are vendors responsible for code upkeep?

Who is responsible for the quality of the integrations that are listed on the LaunchPoint website?

GoToWebinar has been throwing registration errors for the past few months. I have had a support ticket open with them since April 19th. They say they don't support "3rd party integrations." But isn't supporting a native integration one of the requirements to keeping your listing on the LaunchPoint website? Are LaunchPoint partners responsible for keeping their integration code up to date? Is there any ongoing verification process between Marketo and the vendors to ensure the integrations actually work?

#FRUSTRATED

Kelly Jo Horton
Senior Client Partner
Etumos

khorton@etumos.com
4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I think you're in kind of a grey area here b/c the GTW integration might be technically authored or at least owned by Marketo. So even though it's on LaunchPoint they're calling it 3rd party.

(And AFAIK even if a LaunchPoint partner is contractually obligated to actually, um, have working software there's no technical evaluation, certainly not continuous reevaluation.)

KellyJoHorton

I have support tickets logged with both LogMeIn and Marketo, and both parties are saying "not it." It's incredibly frustrating.

Kelly Jo Horton
Senior Client Partner
Etumos

khorton@etumos.com
_sandbox__MH_Li
Level 2

Hey Kelly - They actually do a thorough test on the integration to be a LaunchPoint partner, but they are not continuously reevaluated.

KellyJoHorton

Here's what I found out about the GTW integration. It was done in the early days. They were one of the first LaunchPoint partners. But the team at GTW didn't actually write the integration. Marketo did, because they wanted it up on the website fast, because it was a critical integration for customers. If you look at the properties in the PDF of the implementation guide you will see it is owned by Marketo University.

So, GTW is not actually a true LaunchPoint Partner, even though they're on the site. They tell me they are in the process of writing their own integration that will have support for their new API 2.0, which the current Marketo integration doesn't support (specifically for the simulated live webinars). So, they're a bit of an anomaly. No word on when their integration will be done.

Kelly Jo Horton
Senior Client Partner
Etumos

khorton@etumos.com