Re: Last MQL Activity

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last MQL Activity

Our Sales team has requested that they have visibility into the last activity that pushed leads to MQL status and be able to prioritize their MQL lead queues based on the activity.
I was thinking of creating a new field called last MQL activity and stamp the value when the lead status changes to MQL.
However, I can't find a flow step that will populate the last interesting moment or activity logged.

Any recommendations on how you would do this?
Tags (1)
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to do this too (Ive done it in other automation systems but cant figure it out in Marketo). However, I want to stamp last activity before Opp created, not MQL, but I would imagine it's the same process if the capability exists.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried updating the field with a Last Interesting Moment Desc/Date token in a Change Data Value flow step? You could also accomplish this in workflows using a formula field in SFDC.

Activity logged is also a great thing to track but I'm not quite sure if you could stamp that in Marketo, unless it's referencing an existing field in SFDC. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

You cannot use Last Interesting Moment because this will change after the lead becomes MQL. So you are not 'stamping' the value anywhere. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Christina, do you have an interesting moment for MQL. We don't have that so it would work for us. I just tested this out and the value was replaced with the correct interesting moment. Perhaps you can use activities in SFDC to stamp your values?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick response Emily and Christina! 
Christina, did you use the 'Last Interesting Moment Desc" for the SFDC workflow?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Emily - An interesting moment for MQL? You would define this specifically?? We run off of Lead Score so there could be any number of things a person can do over a period of time, or 1 awesome thing, to push them over the ledge to become an MQL. I would be very hesitant and cautious of anyone using 1 set engagement to define an MQL.

Michelle - I havent built a SFDC workflow for this. Our MQLs are based off of lead score so sales reps know the last intersting moment or action the person did to qualify them to be an MQL but I dont have this 'stamped' for reporting. But this would be very interesting since we are just reporting off of original lead source right now (which is ok for net new conversion data but not for opp conversion or MQL generation).

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a very interesting question, after reading the discussion here it seems there is no easy solution - might be a good thing to suggest as an idea! 
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

In our instance we have created a custom field in SFDC called Last MQL Date, and when a record becomes a MQL we do a Change Data Value for the field and stamp with {{system.dateTime}}. It sounds like this would accomplish what you're trying to do!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dory - We dont want the date of the MQL, we want the last activity so thanks for the suggestion but it's not exactly what we were hoping to achieve here.