Re: Last MKTO/SFDC sync 30 minutes ago, still in progress

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Last MKTO/SFDC sync 30 minutes ago, still in progress

Is this normal? I've never seen a SFDC/MKTO sync that started over 30 minutes ago still marked as "still in progress", typically the sync happens every 10 minutes and only takes a minute or two.

Is there somewhere we can get more details as to what exactly is being synced, or why there's a hold up?

By the way the current time for us is 2:17PM EST.

Exact status: Sync In Progress: Started {Feb 9, 2017 1:22 PM EST}

9 REPLIES 9
Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Update: Looks like after over an hour, the progress is done and we seem to be up to date as of now.

Either way, anyone know what could have caused this, or this just a hiccup?

Emily_Jansen1
Level 2

I've seen that a delay can happen if you have a lot of salesforce records on a specific object (lead, contact, account, etc) that changed since the last sync.

You can check how many records Marketo has updated in a given timeframe or the backlog for each SFDC object here:  http://yourinstance.marketo.com/supportTools/sfdcSyncStats (backlog = objects pending sync). I regularly battle a lead object backlog of over 500K when we make mass SFDC changes, so I tend to rely on this site rather than looking under Admin as it tells me how many records are syncing between the systems vs how long ago the Marketo-side sync started.

Support has helped me troubleshoot a few sync issues in my instance, so it might be worth reaching out to them.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This is a common occurrence in large systems and/or with a lot of fields syncing between systems. I've had batch syncs last a week.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Emily Jansen

when using that link i keep getting this error : {supportTools} Exception occurred while getting sync statistics: empty username or password for subscription ID 173

Emily_Jansen1
Level 2

Hi Malik -- I'd recommend reaching out to support for an error like that.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

are you logged in or an Admin?

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Emily, this is interesting.. I've battled issues before and support has never shown me this link. What value to we use for [your instance]? I've tried a couple of different values but can't seem to get the link to work.

Emily_Jansen1
Level 2

Try https://app-YOURPOD.marketo.com/supportTools/sfdcSyncStats. We are on SJ07 so that's what I put in the YOURPOD section of that URL. Support gave me this URL a few months ago as my backlog was in the millions across a few objects.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Very cool! Thanks for this