SOLVED

Landing page tracking by referring URL

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Landing page tracking by referring URL

I’m new to Marketo but not new to marketing automation. I use several different tools such as Act-On, Pardot and SalesFusion.

I’m trying to help a client who is a Marketo customer figure out how to do do things that on the surface seem like basic functionality.

I’m hoping some experience users can point me in the right direction.

We're trying to get some reporting on specific Marketo Landing pages that includes the number of page views and number of form submissions (leads created) by referral source.

For example, if I have a landing page that is pointed to by Google AdWords, linked to from the Website and from an outbound email campaign, I’d like to see all of the essential stats by referring source.

I’m not seeing that kind of information by locating the landing page in Design Studio; or by looking at the canned reports in Analytics; or by trying to create smart lists in Analytics.

I'm not getting much traction with the official support channels so I'm hoping for help here.

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Landing page tracking by referring URL

In brief:

• A Smart List based on the Visited Web Page activity with a Referrer constraint will tell you how many people came from a given referrer.
  • Hidden form fields can set lead values based on query parameters, so for example if the URL contains &utm_medium=email you can set the `utm_medium` field on the lead to 'email'.  Note that such values are usually (99%+ of the time) only recorded when you know a lead (by definition, the form fillout makes them known) but you can also post hidden forms when a lead is still anonymous.

Kind of surprised that Support couldn't help with this, if your client has an active contract.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Landing page tracking by referring URL

In brief:

• A Smart List based on the Visited Web Page activity with a Referrer constraint will tell you how many people came from a given referrer.
  • Hidden form fields can set lead values based on query parameters, so for example if the URL contains &utm_medium=email you can set the `utm_medium` field on the lead to 'email'.  Note that such values are usually (99%+ of the time) only recorded when you know a lead (by definition, the form fillout makes them known) but you can also post hidden forms when a lead is still anonymous.

Kind of surprised that Support couldn't help with this, if your client has an active contract.