Landing page (no Munchkins) layout altered

Daniella_Kamei
Level 2

Landing page (no Munchkins) layout altered

I cloned an exiting landing page and removed the munchkin code from the template.

The page layout is not working properly. I have a main banner in the middle of the page, with a form on the right hand side overlapping.

My form is being pushed down.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Landing page (no Munchkins) layout altered

Munchkin should have no effect at all on layout unless someone did some really crazy, ill-advised CSS. It's just JavaScript.

Please post links to your page with Munchkin enabled and a clone with it disabled.  We can't troubleshoot based on just a description.

Daniella_Kamei
Level 2

Login | Marketo

This is my new page

This is my old page

Login | Marketo

SanfordWhiteman

Need URLs that are publicly accessible (approved LPs).  Those URLs would require us to log in to your Mkto instance!

Daniella_Kamei
Level 2

SanfordWhiteman

The HTML markup is different on those pages; the difference isn't only the removal of the <SCRIPT>.

Check the closing </DIV> on source line 992 and find the opening <DIV>.

Daniella_Kamei
Level 2

SanfordWhiteman

Do you not think these styles, which exist on one page but not the other, are important?

.Form_1 {

position: relative !important;

float: right !important;

z-index: 10 !important;

width: auto !important;

padding: 0%;

margin-top: -350px;

height: auto;

}

Removal of the <SCRIPT> from the DOM should be the last thing you suspect when dealing with layout.

Daniella_Kamei
Level 2

I added the css and nothing happened.

SanfordWhiteman

This isn't a Munchkin issue.  You need to talk to your web developer about the HTML + CSS differences between the pages.

If you can prove that stripping the <SCRIPT> tag is the only difference between two pages that have different layouts, I'll take a look.  So far it's been a wild goose chase with other differences between the pages. Like I said, you'd have to have some seriously suspicious CSS if removing Munchkin had any effect at all (as in CSS that specified an nth-child and expected the <SCRIPT> to be in the DOM, something like that).