SOLVED

Landing page and form transition

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Landing page and form transition

Currently we are migrating to Marketo Landing pages and forms. What is the best way to transition over (maintaining media group, submedia, location, etc., used for reporting):

1. Create forms and use on current landing pages

OR

2. Create new landing pages and forms altogether

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Landing page and form transition

So you don't generally have to create new LPs in Marketo to get all of the tracking functionality you want.  You can simply add the munchkin code and the form tags to your existing pages and you are good to go.

It's really all preference after that.  And time.  It is going to take a lot of time to recreate all of your LPs in Marketo when you don;t really have to.  Going forward you can start to cretae new LPs in marketo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you don't generally have to create new LPs in Marketo to get all of the tracking functionality you want.  You can simply add the munchkin code and the form tags to your existing pages and you are good to go.

It's really all preference after that.  And time.  It is going to take a lot of time to recreate all of your LPs in Marketo when you don;t really have to.  Going forward you can start to cretae new LPs in marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jamie! That's very useful!

I think we'll definitely just create new forms for the current landing pages with munchkin code insertion.

Now for the each landing page (many pages are duplicated to serve to specific media; ex: google, facebook, transit, etc.), do you think we need one form for each? or one form can serve a group of landing pages?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I typically use a sub set of forms, not one for each LP.  I can simply filter on fills out form with a constraint of Landing page name to get the results for any one LP or group of LPs