We are in the process of setting up Marketo however when it comes to Landing pages, we are inclined to stick with our current Landing Page tool; Unbounce. This is for the following reasons;
- Ease of use in the page editor tool
- Simple integration with Marketo and data capture
- We are creating a "master template" for our landing pages, comprising of various blocks and rows - Unbounce will allow us to turn on/off rows that will create our landing page.
- Easily add munchkin code to track anonymous/known leads web activity
However, I am curious to know the cons about this approach, as so far I have found;
- No prepopulation of the form for known leads
- No ability to personalise Unbounce landing pages using Marketo tokens.
Can anyone advise on any further pros and cons, as I feel this may be a useful resource for anyone else in the same position.
That is correct, pre-fill and other form options will be limited even using embed code on external sites. You could use iframes or build an API form instead.
As for tokens, you are out of luck if you do not use a marketo hosted page.
Keep in mind that Marketo now has Guided Templates that allow you to turn off rows and full responsive. I'd take a hard look at that before staying with unbounce.
Marketo does allow AB Testing of pages, however, detailed functionality isn't there, so that may be a reason to use unbounce.