SOLVED

Landing Page/Email Link Redirect

Go to solution
George_Hoffman
Level 3

Landing Page/Email Link Redirect

We are changing our landing page URLs from info.myoldcompany.com -> info.mynewcompany.com and our email url's from go.myoldcompany.com -> go.mynewcompany.com.

We have links all over our website that direct to info.myoldcompany.com landing pages. How do I set up a redirect so that when someone clicks a link on our website that is info.myoldcompany.com they are redirected to info.mynewcompany.com.

On the email side, in the same manner, how do I make sure that when Marketo redirects after someone clicks a link go.myoldcompany.com does not show up in the URL bar?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Landing Page/Email Link Redirect

We have links all over our website that direct to info.myoldcompany.com landing pages. How do I set up a redirect so that when someone clicks a link on our website that is info.myoldcompany.com they are redirected to info.mynewcompany.com.

You want Admin >> Integration >> Landing Pages >> Rules >> New Redirect Rules.

Note this will be a 302 (temporary) redirect and thus is not suitable for search engine reindexing. That is, it will redirect the browser just fine but a search engine will not consider this a global change.

On the email side, in the same manner, how do I make sure that when Marketo redirects after someone clicks a link go.myoldcompany.com does not show up in the URL bar?

Change your Branding Domain in Admin >> Email >> Branding domains.

Note that (obviously) old emails in people's inboxes will still have the old domain, so you should set up a redirect from the old domain to the new.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

I don't know enough to really give an authoritative answer.

But my understanding is that if SEO is important to you then it needs to be a server side redirect that generates a 301 status code.

With that in mind, I don't know if that is enough when you follow these instructions:

Redirect a Marketo Landing Page to Another Page - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

But my guess is that it probably is.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You want Admin >> Integration >> Landing Pages >> Rules >> New Redirect Rules.

Note this will be a 302 (temporary) redirect and thus is not suitable for search engine reindexing. That is, it will redirect the browser just fine but a search engine will not consider this a global change.

Change your Branding Domain in Admin >> Email >> Branding domains.

Note that (obviously) old emails in people's inboxes will still have the old domain, so you should set up a redirect from the old domain to the new.