Re: Landing Page Comment Section

Reid_Nichols
Level 2

Landing Page Comment Section

Has anyone had success creating a comment section for their landing pages?  Is this even possible?  I have searched the community and am unable to find anything on this...

Much appreciated,

Beginner, go easy

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Chris_Johnston
Level 8

Hi Reid,

I need a little more information on what you are trying to accomplish. Are you just trying to add a Comment Field to a Form on your landing page?

ie.

First Name: _______________

Last Name: _______________

Email: ____________________

Comments: __________________

To do this you would just need to have a custom field created and add it to form.

Create a Custom Field in Marketo - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Add a Field to a Form - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Reid_Nichols
Level 2

Thanks for your response.

No, not a form.  I would like to have a comments section at the bottom of a page- almost like if I had a blog post and wanted people to post their thoughts below it.  I am not sure if this is possible with Marketo??

Chris_Johnston
Level 8

Ah ok, that was my initial reaction but it would definitely go against best practice. Typically on a Landing Page, the goal is to focus on one CTA (filling out the form).

In order to create what you are looking for, you would need a lot of things built and while possible, I would more likely use Wordpress as your landing page instead of a Marketo LP and then use form embedding to connect with Marketo.

Reid_Nichols
Level 2

Gotcha, thank you!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Embedding a comment iframe like SolidOpinion or Disqus -- which is, whether we like it or not, far more common than bespoke/integrated comment systems these days -- is very simple on a Marketo-hosted LP. It's no different from embedding in any other HTML document.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Pls move this to the Products section. Marketing Central  is for generic marketing, non Marketo related questions.

-Greg