Keeping a set of leads "seperate"

Cheral_Jansen
Level 2

Keeping a set of leads "seperate"

Until now we have not had subscription and mailing of corporate financial updates managed using a Marketo form or campaigns. We are considering doing this, but at the same time, have a need to keep these subscribers totally seperate from our marketing database (as per the request of our CFO who doesn't want these people receiving marketing emails just because they sign up for financial updates). We do have multiple subscription options (i.e. different mailing lists) but these are easily overridden if someone makes an error in a smart list.

I initially thought that creating a partion and a workspace for financial leads would work but since all of our marketing activities are done in the Default database, that wouldn't solve my issue. Only the leads allocated to the financial partition  will be visible in the financial workspace, but this still doesn't stop them from being visible and therefore "marketable to" in the default database.

I can't blanket "marketing suspend" these leads since some of them ARE subscribed to our marketing database.
Do I need to create a "general" partition and move all of our "normal" marketing activities over to a new workspace for general activities? Any other ideas or suggestions?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Keeping a set of leads "seperate"

The simplest option would be smart lists selecting the leads based on subscription options.
While partitions are technically valid that may be drastic for the business requirements.

It could be as simple as custom fields defining checkboxes such as "Subscribed to Monthly Newsletter" and "New Product Updates".

The smart lists would have filters where those options are evaluated. The smart list would have "Subscribed to Monthly Newsletter" is true.

Cheral_Jansen
Level 2

Thanks. My concern with smart lists is that there is a lot of room for human error and for these people being caught up in general mailings...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Moving the leads to a specific partition is the safest option. Campaigns in the default workspace will access those leads when needed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheral - Worthy of concern. Much room for error here. If you want to be safe, the workspace is the way to go. If not, use Blacklisted/Marketing suspended as your friend. 🙂
Cheral_Jansen
Level 2

Hey Adam, thanks for weighing in as well 🙂
Unfortunately some of these leads ARE opted in to Marketing so I cannot blanket blacklist/marketing suspend, but thinking about it, there might be a workaround. I'll give develop the thought and come back with any further queries...