We're looking for a freelance email marketing manager to help our Marketing Ops team at Upwork! This role is remote, with the option to work from one of our offices if interested.
Only applications submitted via Upwork will be considered. We are not considering agencies.
View the complete job description and apply: https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~01958cef95c330db66
Location: No preference, but you need to work typical US business hours
Duration: 7 months minimum
As the Email Marketing Manager at Upwork, you’ll play a critical role in building and testing email communications that engage prospects and customers throughout the sales funnel. You’ll be responsible for pulling monthly/quarterly email performance reports, analyzing and presenting performance monthly, managing internal documentation of nurture campaigns, co-planning our email campaign calendar, documenting A/B testing results, following up with the business owners on email performance, and consulting on email marketing best practices. Together with the Director of Marketing Operations, Senior Manager of Marketing Operations, and Marketo Program Architect, you’ll be part of an innovative marketing operations team that supports marketing automation campaigns and the marketing tech stack at our company. You must be comfortable QAing emails and lists, double checking email copy for errors, and working cross-functionally with enterprise marketing, customer marketing, product marketing, sales operations, analytics, and sales teams.
- Creating, QAing, sending, A/B testing, analyzing, and reporting on the weekly marketing emails
- Establishing quarterly benchmarks for email campaigns
- Creating and maintaining internal documentation and calendars to reflect our email campaigns
- Setting up programs and creating emails to support Enterprise Marketing initiatives including webinars, events, content syndication, online advertising, and direct mail
- Monitoring and addressing any replies to the marketing emails that you send
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 1-4 years of email marketing experience at a SaaS, marketplace, or B2B company
- 1-4 years experience using Marketo, preferably as a power user or admin, and experience using Salesforce
- Strong analytical skills to spot trends, make recommendations, and implement A/B tests
- Strong attention to detail
- Good copy editing skills to point out typos and inconsistencies, and make copy recommendations
- Good organization and communication skills
How to really knock our socks off:
- Current Marketo certification
- Experience working on email marketing campaigns that support sales teams
- Experience improving business efficiency through automation and processes
- A demonstrated ability to remove roadblocks and work on projects independently
We’re a remote-first team, with each of us residing in a different location: San Francisco, Montana, and Prague. This position has the option to be remote or onsite in one of Upwork's offices located in San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Chicago.
Apply on Upwork: https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~01958cef95c330db66