SOLVED

Jazz up email design!

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jazz up email design!

I want to jazz up our email design and I'm not sure where I can go.  Are you able to help with pointing me in the right direction as to what services are out there please? Needs to be done in a cost effective manner? Who would do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Jazz up email design!

Hey Zdenka; if you are committed to learning HTML and CSS, the best way to start is with the freely available courses at a website like CodeAcademy (Bing it), or with the relatively cheap classes offered by Treehouse or Lynda.  With that said, it might not be a good investment of your time depending on how often you're going to need to use these skills.

Beyond that, you have a couple other options.  There are some decent WYSIWYG editors like Kompozer that are a little more full-featured than Marketo's, and you can import the HTML from your template emails and then add the Marketo editable sections w/ the div tags.  Just look into the HTML of your existing templates to see how the editable sections are labeled and designated.

Finally, there are some good templates available on Envato's marketplace.  I've previously used the Fresh responsive templates as a starting point for my own customized email templates - but there are others as well.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ravi_Ansal2
Level 6

Hi Zdenka,

The best way to do is to learn HTML yourself and it is surely not that difficult.

But you don't have any idea about it you can try contacting Marketing Automation Solutions & Services | Demand Generation & Lead Management | Grazitti

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you got any suggestions for HTML courses please?  Where else could I go to get some templates that are more exciting or be able to customise them?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Zdenka; if you are committed to learning HTML and CSS, the best way to start is with the freely available courses at a website like CodeAcademy (Bing it), or with the relatively cheap classes offered by Treehouse or Lynda.  With that said, it might not be a good investment of your time depending on how often you're going to need to use these skills.

Beyond that, you have a couple other options.  There are some decent WYSIWYG editors like Kompozer that are a little more full-featured than Marketo's, and you can import the HTML from your template emails and then add the Marketo editable sections w/ the div tags.  Just look into the HTML of your existing templates to see how the editable sections are labeled and designated.

Finally, there are some good templates available on Envato's marketplace.  I've previously used the Fresh responsive templates as a starting point for my own customized email templates - but there are others as well.

Good luck!

Ravi_Ansal2
Level 6

Hi Zdenka,

As Rob suggested these are the best ways to learn HTML and rest depends on your requirements.

I would suggest you to download few templates and try edit them accordingly or let me know; I will edit them for you as i am good in HTML.