It takes forever to export a smart list!

Srujan_Vishwana
Level 4

It takes forever to export a smart list!

Is it just me or is it taking forever to export a smart list into a spread sheet. It's containing just 300 leads and it's taking me 30 minutes to export them. Can someone please help me?

Products and SupportSupportMarketo Marketing Nation Community

4 REPLIES 4
Mark_Dudek1
Level 2

Re: It takes forever to export a smart list!

Unfortunately, this has always been a problem with Marketo.  The only thing you can really do to help this is to order your smart lists and use as little criteria as possible, or in a particular order that reduces the query time. Here is a link that may be helpful to you. Tips for Building Better Performing Smart Lists

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, this does not always work super well. Did you select Visible Columns or All Columns? All takes longer.

Also, you may be able to return to the list later or refresh to see Export Status. It may have already finished, but the UI never updated.

Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

Srujan,

It's just the latency issue. If your smart list is based on complex logic, Marketo would take a bit longer to refine/process your leads. If you are exporting smart lists with option All Columns, Marketo exports data for all the fields of your each and every lead as a result this would increase export process time

Thanks

Priyank

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Yes, I definitely agree with everyone saying not to export all columns; this could take hours. I've set up a variety of views based on my most common needs and select one of those before exporting to CSV.