Issues with Email Program: selecting member of smart list

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Issues with Email Program: selecting member of smart list

It seems like we're identifying new issues with the Email Program on a daily basis lately.  In one of our campaign flows (Change Program Status), we always include a choice (NOT Member of Smart Campaign) to disregard any employees who respond to our campaigns (usually via testing).  We've defined a specific smart list that we use in every program in Marketo.  Usually this drop-down includes the 5 or so smart campaigns that we've defined in the Lead Database.

But in this instance, the drop-down contains EVERY smart campaign contained with EVERY program/campaign in our instance - hundreds of options.  Furthermore, it's not even seeing (or allowing me to type in) the smart campaign that we usually use when it's not an Email Program.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

0EM50000000RPCy.jpg
Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Issues with Email Program: selecting member of smart list

May be a real issue, but why don't you exclude them on the Smart List instead? That way you don't have to mess with choices.
Dan_Stevens_

The issues seems to have resolved itself.  As for not putting this filter within the Smart List, our Marketo consultant advised that it would be more efficient if we included it as part of the flow.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the same error. I need to create a smart list to identify people who have not clicked on our CTA links. I can't seem to locate the email which is part of the email program. Screenshot below - Screen Shot 2015-11-09 at 4.09.44 PM.png

Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

Hi Renault,

Is the email you're looking for approved? Emails that haven't yet been approved won't show up as selectable in the interface.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Stijn,

Yes the email that i am trying to locate has been approved but i still cannot locate it. I tried again this morning and had the same problem.

Dan_Stevens_

Renault - a couple of questions:

• Is the email part of an Email Program or a standard Marketo program?
  • Do you have multiple workspaces?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dan,

Yes the email is part of the Email Program and no we don't have multiple workspaces.

Thanks

Dan_Stevens_

Yeah, something's not right.  I just looked in our instance and can clearly see the emails when searching for them in the "was sent email" filter.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dan,

We sometimes observe that the droplists populate weirdly in choices or even in filters. Usually, the problem disappears with a good old screen refresh (F5).

-Greg