SOLVED

Re: Issue with sharing Marketo landing page link on LinkedIn

Go to solution
Nina_Valtcheva5
Level 5

Issue with sharing Marketo landing page link on LinkedIn

We are having an issue with our Marketo landing pages when trying to share the link to LinkedIn. It displays an incorrect title of the previous webinar we had shared.

When I try to post this link below, the title should display: An inside look: Walmart unlocks the secret to delivering a winning digital customer experience

https://pages.datastax.com/Webinar-Walmart-Delivering-a-Winning-Digital-Experience.html

But instead it displays the title of the previous Marketo landing page I had shared, which is incorrect:

pastedImage_0.png

Any ideas why this is happening? We shared the link with everyone with the company to share on LinkedIn and are getting a lot of reports about this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_White
Level 5

Got it -- looks like you're using variables/tokens for that then, which is a nice setup.  For whatever reason -- maybe it hadn't been updated the first time somebody tried sharing on LinkedIn, it was pulling in the previous metadata and cached it.

Just did a little research and found that resharing the link to LinkedIn but including a URL parameter forces LinkedIn to re-process the meta -- I just did that, and it appears to be correct now:

LI-cache.PNG

Either that or you got it working on your own while I was experimenting

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Just tried it as well and saw the same issue. I believe it may have to do with your meta tags for the Marketo landing page. Perhaps it was cloned from another and kept those meta tags. Go to the landing page editor > Landing Page Actions > Edit Page Meta Tags.

Michael_White
Level 5

Agreed, I would look and see if you've cloned meta tags from a previous landing page.  I'd also note that in my experience, LinkedIn has been extremely slow (~2 days) at refreshing the cached meta information for your page, so you may not see the update instantly once you've made the change.  It's frustrating, but it's something that I've run into in the past.

Nina_Valtcheva5
Level 5

I haven't cloned from a previous landing page. I always clone from an entire webinar program template instead.

The Meta Tags section always is blank. I actually never populate this.

pastedImage_0.png

Michael_White
Level 5

Got it -- looks like you're using variables/tokens for that then, which is a nice setup.  For whatever reason -- maybe it hadn't been updated the first time somebody tried sharing on LinkedIn, it was pulling in the previous metadata and cached it.

Just did a little research and found that resharing the link to LinkedIn but including a URL parameter forces LinkedIn to re-process the meta -- I just did that, and it appears to be correct now:

LI-cache.PNG

Either that or you got it working on your own while I was experimenting

Nina_Valtcheva5
Level 5

Thanks! It seems to have fixed itself on my end too. I didn't change anything on my end. Very strange. Thanks for experimenting on your end too!

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I would populated it to force the Title to work as intended. I don't see a token in there, so I doubt you are using tokens - but you should.

Nina_Valtcheva5
Level 5

Our entire landing page template is tokenized and we have tokens at the folder level and the program level. The title token displayed the correct value so that's why it was strange that it was somehow picking up a previous title from a past webinar.