Re: Issue with Internet Explorer and the new Forms 2.0?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today is March 11, 2014 and we are also having problems.  In our country select field, it is not functional at all.  We are using IE 9.

I'm surprised that Marketo has not commented in this thread.
Anonymous
Not applicable

There was some general confusion around Marketo's support for IE (specifically, older versions of IE).  

Though we have stopped supporting IE8 and lower within the Marketo application UI, we still support these browsers for all assets you are exposing to your customers.

Your forms should work on older versions of IE as well.  If you have an issue with forms on any version of IE, please make sure to log a support ticket.  

There are some minor "look and feel" issues that we've decided to let be in some older browsers, but if you feel something is awry, definitely send a report.  

We've re-emphasized that IE support is a must for Forms 2.0 with the Support team.

Apologies for any confusion / slowdown that might have been caused by this confusion.  We are definitely working to iron out kinks with IE support.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

This week, I had another IE-related issue that I thought I'd share.  I use IE10 and couldn't get the form to appear on the landing page.  Here's the info from the support team:

The issue is actually due to the Text Area field. We currently have a known bug with IE 10 Compatibility View where forms are not displayed when there is a Text Area field within the form. 
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

One thing that Marketo support suggested that helped my problems with older IE versions was to make sure to include the Modernizr JS library. This fixed my problems when utilizing the Foundation responsive framework with forms 2.0.