SOLVED

Re: Issue Adding Web Page Information to Interesting Moment

Go to solution
michellechopin
Level 5

Issue Adding Web Page Information to Interesting Moment

I've set up Interesting Moments to run on every form fill on our website and want to include the web page that the form is filled out on (we use the same form in multiple places so I'm trying to give Sales a wider picture of the lead's key activities).

I updated the IM to be as follows:

MichelleK_0-1606498775835.png

However, after filling out the form to test, this is what shows in Marketo - it's not populating the Web Page:

MichelleK_1-1606498893536.png

My questions:

1. Is this the correct trigger I should be using to display the Page URL? I tried {{trigger.Name}} before but it populated the name of the form (assuming because that's the trigger for the IM)
  2. This particular form is a pop up once the visitor clicks on the page CTA - would that prevent the web page trigger from working as intended?

Any help/insight is much appreciated and thanks in advance 😀

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Use {{Trigger.Referrer}}.

View solution in original post

michellechopin
Level 5

I didn't get a notification to your last update, @SanfordWhiteman - apologies for not replying until now!

I had a great chat with one our web developers who gave me some huge insight for our forms set up and how they work. We use Marketo to set up the main button for the form, our Web Team sets up the form on our website, and an API connects the two, which is likely what throws a wrench in for using that Trigger token.

With that, we considered using the SFDC field that gets populated when someone fills out a form. I populated Lead.Website URL into the Interesting Moment and it was able to pull the data into Marketo. Going to work to update all of my IMs for these forms and backfill data so that we have more information/history on leads who have filled those forms out to date.

Many many thanks for your help on troubleshooting this - I learned a lot! 😀

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
SanfordWhiteman

Use {{Trigger.Referrer}}.

michellechopin
Level 5

Thanks for this @SanfordWhiteman! I hadn't noticed that the Marketo resource section about this scrolled to the right!

I updated the IM with that token and got this error (note: there's only this token in the IM):

MichelleK_0-1606760152811.png

This might be a silly question but do I have to create this Trigger token in each campaign? I assumed that this was a general token available throughout the instance vs a custom one. If my assumption is correct, do you have any insight on why I got that error?

Thanks again!

SanfordWhiteman

Is the trigger here Filled Out Form, or are you chaining from another SC using Request Campaign or something like that?

(And no, you certainly don't need to create the built-in tokens.)

michellechopin
Level 5

Yes, the main action on the page to trigger the Interesting Moment is the form fill. However, I want to show the URL of the page they filled out that form on (we use the same form across multiple pages) so we have an idea of what the prospect was looking at before they got to Sales.

For context, here's the complete Flow step - I can see which website they came in through (as this campaign is set up to capture that specifically) but would love to add the detail of the specific web page they were on:

MichelleK_0-1606934639368.png

I'm trying to provide more information for sales in the MSI tab as they don't have access to Marketo and would like to see what happens between the first and last touches (which is what we currently measure and show in SFDC).

Appreciate the help and the clarification on the tokens (and glad my assumption was right!).

SanfordWhiteman

Actually {{Trigger.Web Page}} should definitely work here — again, if (and only if) the trigger on the Smart List tab is Fills Out Form.

michellechopin
Level 5

Thanks again @SanfordWhiteman! I'm still not getting the information into the IM and not sure why. Here are some screenshots to illustrate in case it helps and to let you know that I confirmed your questions and followed your steps.

Trigger in the Smart List is "Fills Out Form"

We use this single form across multiple areas and use the additional filters below to specify which site and form is being used:

MichelleK_1-1607107017229.png

Interesting Moment updated to include new token

Nothing else has changed on the flow besides this element.

MichelleK_2-1607107182953.png

New Interesting Moment logged in Marketo

The rest of the IM gets captured as normal/expected but the token isn't capturing anything 😞 

MichelleK_3-1607107308857.png

This is what this particular form looks like live on our site and is the one I filled out for testing:

It's a pop up form that sits over the web page - the page URL doesn't change once the form is active/showing. Would this have anything to do with the IM not being able to capture the URL in the token? 

MichelleK_0-1607106992478.png

Really appreciate your help with this! 

SanfordWhiteman

What's the URL of that page? I don't think it's related but would like to inspect it.

michellechopin
Level 5

I have used a couple of different pages to test but here's one for you - https://canadiantrainvacations.com/trip/6-day-polar-bear-package

All of these pages have the personalized trip plan on them, and the form pops up as you click the button.

If there's anything else I can provide you with to take a look, please let me know.

I very much appreciate your help!

SanfordWhiteman

Pretty sure there's some other process going on on your back end, because that's not a Marketo form!