SOLVED

Re: Is this the right way to Delete Person from Marketo, but NOT SFDC?

Go to solution
Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Is this the right way to Delete Person from Marketo, but NOT SFDC?

I want to set up a flow step to delete a person from Marketo, but keep them in SFDC. Can anyone confirm if the way I set it up is correct?

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Danielle_Wong

I was able to get some clarification from Marketo that only those Marketo records that have synced to SFDC will be deleted based on how I set up the flow step. In my Marketo instance, not all records are synced to SFDC. So I wanted to ensure that only those that ARE synced to SFDC will be deleted from Marketo and kept in SFDC.

I could have done this in the smart list, if this was the only flow step, however, this is the last flow step of about 8 flow steps. The first 7 flow steps apply to all Marketo records regardless if they are synced to SFDC or not. However, for the last step, I wanted to only delete those in SFDC from Marketo only.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
AnneMarie_C
Marketo Employee

Setting Remove from CRM to false is the correct way to do this. Also, keep in mind that the next time the record is updated in Salesforce it will sync back down to Marketo and create a new record. You will need to find a way to stop records you deleted in Marketo from being visible to the sync user, either through visibility rules or asking Support to set up a sync filter.

Danielle_Wong

Thanks AnneMarie!

I also wanted to just make sure the choice I set works as expected. I only want to delete from Marketo if the record exists in SFDC. Which, not all of my Marketo records are in SFDC. So that's why I put that choice in there.

Thanks!

Ian_Martinez-Ch
Level 2

If you set a field in SFDC that specifies whether or not you want to sync with Marketo, that will work.

Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Agree with Danielle.

Kenzie_Caldwell
Level 2

The flow is correct. This flow step will always delete a record in Marketo. The add choice in this flow step only indicates if the record will or won't also be deleted from Salesforce.

The important piece to mention is that 100% of the records that qualify for this campaign will be deleted, so ensure the smart list of this smart campaign is only pulling in records in Salesforce. It may be safer to build it as follows:

• Smart List:
    • SFDC Type is not empty and
    • (whatever other criteria you need)
  • Flow:
    • Delete Person (Remove from CRM = False)
Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

Hi Kenzie,

I want to say this is incorrect but you've made me think about this, because the UI is a bit weird.

What I suspect (99% sure) will happen is that the lead will only be deleted from Marketo if the first choice is matched. If the first choice is not matched, then a 'Do Nothing' flow-step will occur, as is the logic for all other flow steps.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

What I suspect (99% sure) will happen is that the lead will only be deleted from Marketo if the first choice is matched. If the first choice is not matched, then a 'Do Nothing' flow-step will occur, as is the logic for all other flow steps.

In this case, the lead will be deleted regardless of which choice is matched.

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

Well well well, there you go.

Danielle_Wong

I was able to get some clarification from Marketo that only those Marketo records that have synced to SFDC will be deleted based on how I set up the flow step. In my Marketo instance, not all records are synced to SFDC. So I wanted to ensure that only those that ARE synced to SFDC will be deleted from Marketo and kept in SFDC.

I could have done this in the smart list, if this was the only flow step, however, this is the last flow step of about 8 flow steps. The first 7 flow steps apply to all Marketo records regardless if they are synced to SFDC or not. However, for the last step, I wanted to only delete those in SFDC from Marketo only.

Thanks!