Is there anyway to retrieve contents of an email whose template was changed and approved?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there anyway to retrieve contents of an email whose template was changed and approved?

I created and sent out an email. Then I updated and approved that email's template, which wiped the email's contents. I now need the contents of that email.

a) Is there anyway to retrieve the contents of the email, whether through the Marketo UI or some API?

b) Is there anyone at Marketo who could get me this data?

c) if it is not possible to retrieve the data, is there somewhere in the Marketo UI, the Marketo API, or someone at Marketo who can retrieve copies of the emails sent by my company's Marketo account in the past 3 months?

2 REPLIES 2
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Is there anyway to retrieve contents of an email whose template was changed and approved?

Hi Alex,

You should probably log a support ticket for this, but I am not too optimistic...

If you are using SFDC or MS Dynamics, in Sales Insight, you can retrieve the web copy of the emails that were sent. But you need to give a try, because I am not 100% sure that it will give you the historical version of the email.

-Greg

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Is there anyway to retrieve contents of an email whose template was changed and approved?

Surely (hopefully) someone has a test version that was sent around for approvals (possibly?) One thing I like about using gmail at our office is that more email is archived than deleted and I can generally find anything that may have been 'lost' elsewhere...  best of luck.