SOLVED

Is there any way to put Triggers in the middle of Flow in Smart Campaign ??

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any way to put Triggers in the middle of Flow in Smart Campaign ??

Hi,
I have a scenario where after sending an initial email I need to check if certain field of the Lead has been updated or not .If yes , then I have to wait for certain period and then send a second email.

I am not able put any conditional wait step in the middle of the Flow , nor  I am able to get if there is any way to put Trigger in the middle of the flow.

Kindly suggest if there is any workaround available to configure this scenario.

Thanks,
Amit Makhija 

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there any way to put Triggers in the middle of Flow in Smart Campaign ??

Okay, I think I see what you're trying to do now. If you're just wanting to trigger the follow-up only if and when the field is updated, then I would just use a triggered smart campaign that watches for that data change. You can forget the "request campaign" flow action and just go with the trigger on your second smart campaign.

And to respond to your question, multiple triggers in a smart campaign are always used as OR and not AND.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Gunjan_Batra1
Level 4

Hi Amit,

You can request a campaign from within a campaign flow.

Thanks,
Gunjan
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can also have a sister campaign listen for a change in data value and then take an action, like Remove from Flow.

There are no conditional wait steps.

You might try

Send Email
Wait 2 days
If X value is TRUE, Send Email (Send Email step)
if not, then do nothing.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I would do what Gunjan recommended. So you the Campaign you already have would send the email, then request another Smart Campaign. That second Smart Campaign would filter on whether or not the field was updated, then the flow would have the wait step and send email action.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your posts. 

@Gunjan/Drew : In second campaign , If I just put Filters (and not triggers) , it would just check whether field has already been updated or not , but I need to execute the second campaign only when the same Field gets updated again.

Also , what happens If I put two Triggers in a Smart List ?? will it OR the two or AND.
because I tried using two campaigns as you guys suggested, but in second campaign I had to put two triggers (one for Campaign Requested and other one for Data Value Change for the field) . But two triggers were some how not working to my expecatations.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, I think I see what you're trying to do now. If you're just wanting to trigger the follow-up only if and when the field is updated, then I would just use a triggered smart campaign that watches for that data change. You can forget the "request campaign" flow action and just go with the trigger on your second smart campaign.

And to respond to your question, multiple triggers in a smart campaign are always used as OR and not AND.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Drew for your reponse ,
We already configured the solution as you have mentioned since the nested triggers were not working for our case.