Re: Is there any way to move prospect activity from Pardot to Marketo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any way to move prospect activity from Pardot to Marketo?

We're migrating from Pardot to Marketo and I was curious if there is any good way to get all of our prospect activities into Marketo.

2 REPLIES 2
Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I don't think there is an easy way to do this out of the box.

It was a while back, but my migration (not from Pardot though) we brought over the various lead scores (which is an accumulation) of activity and also put leads into large static lists based on their activities.

Which isn't perfect but we were working on a tight deadline (sale of business and separation etc).

So all leads who ever attended an event were put into an "attended event" list and all leads who attended a webinar, filled out a demo form, clicked on a paid search ad etc were put into different lists.  That way, we can still target leads based on some of their high level activity. 

Now that I think about it, you could do this same process at the campaign level instead of the channel level, and you could get pretty granular with it - but it would take a long time.

Hope that helps.

Jessica_Kao3
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yup agreed on that same line of thinking I would populate program membership and program status.  I've done this by back dating programs for migration.  So say for example you decide to go back 6 months and port over membership and status for marketing campaigns.

So you would import the list of ppl for a webinar, and then set the status for those that no showed and attended.  Don't forget to restate the success date to the date in the past that is relevant if you want to do ROI reporting.  I wrote an article on how to restate historical data.

https://nation.marketo.com/community/champion/blog/2016/09/08/what-you-need-to-know-to-get-ft-and-mt...