Is there any way, at the program level, to create, store, and report on a custom field?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any way, at the program level, to create, store, and report on a custom field?

We are looking to have our Marketo users add specific, custom information to each program they create in our instance.

Is there any way to create a custom field at the program level that can then be retrieved and reported on?

4 REPLIES 4
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Re: Is there any way, at the program level, to create, store, and report on a custom field?

You can create Tags in the Admin section (for example, I share an instance with our team in the UK and have required a Tag on each Program that selects whether or not the Program is located in North America or the UK). This allows me to filter our Program reports and Calendar schedule by location.

I also have Tags set up for each product we offer so I can filter by those, as well.

I could be mistaken, but this sounds like what you're looking for. Here's some documentation on how to set this up: Create a New Program Tag and Tag Values - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there any way, at the program level, to create, store, and report on a custom field?

Hi Jennifer:

Thanks very much for your response.

If my understanding is correct, Tags are fixed fields.  While they can be defined during set up, they are then part of a pull down menu and the user is only able to select from the predefined Tag or labels i.e. Red, Green, Blue or Yellow.

I am looking to keep track of data at program level that the user is prompted for and inputs themselves.

I noticed a "Note" section in period cost.

Is that something we can retrieve for each program by running a report?

Thanks again.

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Hi Myron! At this time, I don't believe that is possible, though I see what you're getting at now and that could be convenient. Maybe try submitting it as an idea.

Rachel_Egan
Level 7

I've run into many many many situations where this would be helpful. You should submit an idea for it Myron Michalski​!